Monday, August 24, 2015

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Seasons
"Seasons in the Calendar of Life"

Psalm 92:1-5a
It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to Your name, O Most high;

to declare Your steadfast love in the morning,
and Your faithfulness by night,
to the music of the lute and the harp,
to the melody of the lyre.

For You, O Lord, have made me glad by Your work;
at the works of Your hand I sing for joy.

How great are Your works, O Lord!
Joyful
Joyful joyful we adore You
God of glory, Lord of love
Hearts unfold like flowers before You
Opening to the sun above

Melt the clouds of sin and sadness
Drive the dark of doubt away
Giver of eternal gladness
Fill us with the light of day

You are the One who saves
You are the One who saves
You are the One whose hands
Lift us from the grave

You are the light of life
The everlasting day
You are the One who takes
All our sins away

You are giving and forgiving
Ever blessing, ever blessed
Fountain of the joy of living
Ocean depths of happy rest

Jesus You are my rescue
Jesus You are my rescue
I give You everything I am

© James Ingram, Brenton Brown

Psalm 147:4-5
He determines the number of stars;
He gives to all of them their names
Great is our Lord, and abundant in power;
His understanding is beyond measure
Indescribable
From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming

Indescribable, uncontainable
You placed the stars in the sky
And You know them by name
You are amazing God
All powerful, untamable
Awestruck we fall to our knees
As we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God

Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom

Incomparable, unchangable
You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same

© Chris Tomlin
King of Creation
Beautiful Savior, King of creation
Son of God and Son of Man
Truly I'd love Thee, Truly I'd serve Thee
Light of my soul my joy my crown

Fair are the meadows, fair are the woodlands
Robed in flowers of blooming spring
Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer
He makes our sorrowing spirit sing

King of creation
We praise Your name

Fair is the sunshine, fair is the moonlight
Bright the sparkling stars on high
Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer
Than all the angels in the sky

Beautiful Savior, Lord of the nations
Son of God and Son of Man
Glory and honor praise adoration
Now and forevermore be Thine

© Joseph Seiss, Eddy Mann
1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks to God, 
who gives us the victory
through our Lord, Jesus Christ

Desert Song
This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me lord through the flame

I will bring praise, I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life in every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

© Brooke Fraser
Seasons
"Seasons in the Calendar of Life"


Reading
While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease. (Genesis 8:22 ESV)

Communion
For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26 ESV)

Communion Verse
We have come to You
We have come to You
Make Your presence know to us

Blessing
May the Lord bless us and keep us; 
May he make His face shine upon us, and be gracious to us, 
May he lift up His countenance upon us, and give us peace. 
(Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment