Monday, August 3, 2015

Wednesday, August 05, 2015


Common Senses ~ Pain
"You Don't Choose a Life. You Live One ~ The Way"

Amazed

You dance over me
While I am unaware
(And) You sing all around
But I never hear the sound

Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
HowYou love me

You paint the morning sky
With miracles in mind
My hope will always stand
For You hold me in Your hand

How wide
How deep
How great
Is Your love for me

© Jared Anderson

Psalm 8
Lord, our Lord,
  how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
   in the heavens.

Through the praise of children and infants
  you have established a stronghold
  against your enemies,
  ti silence the foe and the avenger.

When I consider your heavens,
  the work of your fingers,
  the moon and the stars,
  which you have set in place,

what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
  human beings that you care for them?

You have made them a little lower than the angels
  and crowned them with glory and honor.

You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
  you put everything under their feet

all flocks and herds,
  and the animals of the wild,

the birds in the sky,
  and the fish in the sea,
  all that swim the paths of the seas.

Lord, our Lord,
  how majestic is your name in all the earth (ESV)

Majestic
O Lord our Lord
How majestic is
Your name in all the earth

The heavens declare Your greatness
The oceans cry out to You
The mountains they bow down before You
So I'll join with the earth
And I'll give my praise to You

I will worship You
I will worship You
We will worship You
We will worship You

 © Lincoln Brewster

I Will Exalt You
I will exalt You
I will exalt You
I will exalt You
You are my God

My hiding place
My safe refuge
My treasure Lord, You are
My friend and King
Anointed One most holy

Because Your with me
Because Your with me
Because Your with me
I will not fear

© Brooke Fraser

Common Senses ~ Pain




Reading
God is our refuge and strength,
  a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
  thought the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though it's waters roar and foam,
  though the mountains tremble at it's swelling.

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, 
  the holy habitation of the Most High. 
God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; 
  God will help her when morning dawns. 
The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; 
  he utters his voice, the earth melts. 
The LORD of hosts is with us; 
  the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Come behold the works of the LORD, 

  how he has brought desolations on the earth. 
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; 
  he breaks the bow and shatters the spear; 
  he burns the chariots with fire. 
"Be still and know that I am God. 
  I will be exalted among the nations, 
  I will be exalted in the earth!" 
The LORD of hosts is with us; 
  the God of Jacob is our fortress.  
  (Psalm 46 ESV)

A Mighty Fortress
A mighty fortress is our God
A sword and shield victorious
He breaks the cruel oppressors rod
And wins salvation glorious
The old satanic foe
Has sworn to work us woe
With craft and dreadful might
He arms himself to fight
On earth he has no equal

No strength of ours can match his might
We would be lost, rejected
But now a champion comes to fight
Whom God himself elected
You ask who this may be
The Lord of hosts is he!
Christ Jesus mighty Lord
God's only Son, adored
He holds the field victorious

God's word forever shall abide
No thanks to foes who fear it
For God himself fights by our side
With weapons of the spirit
Were they to take our house
Goods, honor, child or spouse
Though life be wrench away
They cannot win the day
The Kingdom's our forever

© Martin Luther
Communion
For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26 ESV)

Communion Verse
We have come to You
We have come to You
Make Your presence know to us

Blessing
May the Lord bless us and keep us; 
May he make His face shine upon us, and be gracious to us, 
May he lift up His countenance upon us, and give us peace. 
(Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment