Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wednesday, August 12, 2015


Common Senses ~ Time
"The Blink of an Eye"

I Will Worship

I will worship you Lord my God
With my whole heart, soul and strength
And I will sing to you for all you’ve done
And thank you for your grace

And I will worship you Lord my God in this earthen vessel
And I will worship you Lord my God in this jar of clay

I will worship…
Jesus, You’re my very best friend

Hallelujah, I praise you Lord
You’re my Savior and my God
Hallelujah, Praise the Son
My Redeemer, Holy One

Oh, Hallelujah

© Joseph John Orchulli II

More Than Amazing
You're the one who walked on water
And you calmed the raging seas
You command the highest mountains
To fall upon their knees

You're the one who welcomed sinners
And you opened blinded eyes
You restored the brokenhearted
And you brought the dead to life

Forgetting all our sins
You remember all your promises

You are amazing
More than amazing
Forever our God
You're more than enough
You are amazing

With authority you've spoken
And you've set the captive free
You're the King who came to serve
You're the God who washed our feet

You're the one who took our burdens
And you bled upon the cross
In your kindness and your mercy
You became the way for us

Oh how marvelous
Oh how wonderful
Oh how glorious
You are amazing
Oh how marvelous
Oh how wonderful
Oh how glorious 
You are amazing

 © Lincoln Brewster

How Sweet It Is
How sweet it is to be loved by you. How sweet it is to be loved by you.

I needed the shelter of someone's arms and there you were.
I needed someone to understand my ups and downs and there you were.
With sweet love and devotion, deeply touching my emotion,
I want to stop and thank you Jesus. I just want to stop and thank you Lord.
How sweet it is to be loved by you. How sweet it is to be loved by you.

I close my eyes at night wondering where would I be without you in my life.
Everything I did was just a bore, everywhere I went it seems I'd been there before.
But you brighten up for me all of my days with a love so sweet in so many ways,
I want to stop and thank you Jesus, I just want to stop and thank you Lord.
How sweet it is to be loved by you, feels so fine. How sweet it is to be loved by you.

You were better for me than I was for myself,
for me, there's you and there ain't nobody else,
I want to stop and thank you Jesus. I just want to stop and thank you Lord, yes I do,
How sweet it is to be loved by you. How sweet it is to be loved by you.
Feels so fine, how sweet it is to be loved by you.
Just like Philly, Jesus, oh yeah, how sweet it is to be loved by you.
Just like honey to the bee, Lord, how sweet it is to be loved by you.

© James Taylor (revised by Joseph John Orchulli II)


How Deep the Father's Love
How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
And make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulder
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

© Stuart Townend

Common Senses ~ Time
"The Blink of an Eye"




Reading: Psalm 90:1-6
Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
You return man to dust and say, “Return, O children of man!”
For a thousand years in your sight
are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night.
You sweep them away as with a flood; they are like a dream,
like grass that is renewed in the morning:
in the morning it flourishes and is renewed; in the evening it fades and withers.
Communion
For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26 ESV)

Communion Verse
We have come to You
We have come to You
Make Your presence know to us

Blessing
May the Lord bless us and keep us; 
May he make His face shine upon us, and be gracious to us, 
May he lift up His countenance upon us, and give us peace. 
(Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment