Monday, August 29, 2016

Wednesday, August 31, 2016


Jesus Loves Me
I was lost I was in chains
The world had a hold of me
My heart was a stone I was covered in shame
When He came for me

I couldn't run couldn't run from His presence
I couldn't run couldn't run from His arms

Jesus He loves me
He loves me He is for me
Jesus how can it be
He loves me He is for me

It was a fire deep in my soul
I'll never be the same
I stepped out of the dark and into the light
When He called my name

He holds the stars and He holds my heart
With healing hands that bear the scars
The rugged cross where He died for me
My only hope my ev'rything

© Ben Glover | Chris Tomlin | Reuben Morgan

Great Is Thy Faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love

Lord you are faithful, faithful to me

© Chisholm | Runyan

If It's True
If it’s true that You’re thinking of me now
If it’s true I really am Your precious child
If it’s true that You’re singing over me
What else could I ever want what else could I need

If it’s true that You cherish who I am
Won’t reject me like some others choose to do
If it’s true that You take delight in me
What else could I ever want what else could I need
Just knowing that forever, Your affections are toward me

I can stand no matter what I’m facing
Carry on though the storms they may be raging
I can rise turn these ashes into praises
tagAll I really need is to know You always will …Love me

If it’s true when I’m abandoned and alone
You are there in my suffering You will share
If it’s true You’ve collected all my tears
What else could I ever want what else should I fear

If it’s true You’ve forgiven all my sins
Made me new all my past forever gone
If it’s true that You’ve prepared a place for me
What else could I ever want what else could I need
Just knowing that forever, Your affections are toward me

You love me You love me You love me, that’s all I need to know
You want me You want me You want me
You’re calling me Your own

What matters most is that You love me
What matters most is that You care
What matters most is that You want me
There’s nothing else that can compare

© Tommy Walker

Lift Up the Light of Your Face
Key me in when I cry out
O God make me aware
You have softened my rugged heart
Kindly turn your ear to my prayer

You've placed peacefulness by my side
All within my embrace
No earthly joy could ever equate
To being in your grace

There are many who say
Who can we trust?
Lift up the light of your face
(And shine on us)

There are so many
Who only know mistrust
Lift up the light of your face
(And shine on us)

In the calm and quietude
I slumber restfully secure
For you alone, O my Love
You are all that's sure

© Eddy Mann


Readings
"All things are lawful for me," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be enslaved by anything. "Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food"—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. And God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I therefore take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who joins himself to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, "The two shall become one flesh." But he who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. Shun immorality. Every other sin which a man commits is outside the body; but the immoral man sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. (1 Cor 6:12-20)

Communion
Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.” 
(Matthew 26:26-29 ESV)

Blessing
May the Lord bless us and keep us; 
May he make His face shine upon us, and be gracious to us, 
May he lift up His countenance upon us and give us peace. 
(Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment