Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Wednesday, May 18, 2016



Psalm 100
1 Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
2   Serve the Lord with gladness!
     Come into his presence with singing!
3 Know that the Lord, he is God!
     It is he who made us, and we are his;[a]
     we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
     and his courts with praise!
     Give thanks to him; bless his name!
5 For the Lord is good;
     his steadfast love endures forever,
     and his faithfulness to all generations.

ESV

This Is My Story
Blessed assurance Jesus is mine
O what a foretaste of glory divine
Heir of salvation purchase of God
Born of His Spirit washed in His blood

This is my story this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long
This is my story this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long

Perfect submission perfect delight
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy whispers of love

Perfect submission all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest
Watching and waiting looking above
Filled with His goodness lost in His love

© Fanny Crosby | Pheobe Knapp | Eddy Mann

Something Beautiful & New
Father please forgive the mess I've made
Things have gotten out of hand
Hear my honest heart put forth the truth
It's time I took a stand

I know my path's not always straight
I wander on my own
I long to rest upon the word
That always brings me home

Hear my soul cry out to You
Feel my heart reveal its shame
Create in me something beautiful and new
I pray this in Your name

I'm on a journey to understand
My discipleship to You
Grant me wisdom, guide me
To create something beautiful and new

You made me
You know me
You love me
You showed me
You saved me
You love me so

© Eddy Mann

Do It Lord
I see Your glory covering the earth Lord
Just as the waters are covering the sea
I see the millions coming to salvation
I see revival fire in the land
I see the lost nameless ones remembered
I see the widows shouting out Your praise
I see the friendless
Loved and celebrated
Orphans fulfilling
Lord Your calling on their lives

(Oh) do it Lord do it Lord
Do it Lord we are praying
Do it Lord do it that Your glory may be seen

I see forgiveness overtaking hatred
Pride and prejudice now giving way to love
I see depression replaced with joy and gladness
And Satan's lies now bowing to the truth

This is our prayer O God
This is our desp'rate cry
In these days that we're living now
Let Your kingdom come let Your will be done

I see the brokenness of fam'lies
Brought to wholeness
I see the prodigals running home to You
Fathers' hearts now turning t'ward their children
And the children's hearts
Turning t'ward their father's
I see Your church rising up in power
Laying down their lives in unity and love
I hear the sounds of ev'ry tribe and nation
Giving glory to Jesus Christ the Son

© Dale Walker | Tommy walker




Readings
Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. 2 Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, “So may the gods do to me and more also, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by this time tomorrow.” 3 Then he was afraid, and he arose and ran for his life and came to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there.

4 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he asked that he might die, saying, “It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life, for I am no better than my fathers.” 5 And he lay down and slept under a broom tree. And behold, an angel touched him and said to him, “Arise and eat.” 6 And he looked, and behold, there was at his head a cake baked on hot stones and a jar of water. And he ate and drank and lay down again. 7 And the angel of the Lord came again a second time and touched him and said, “Arise and eat, for the journey is too great for you.” 8 And he arose and ate and drank, and went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights to Horeb, the mount of God.

9 There he came to a cave and lodged in it. And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, and he said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” 10 He said, “I have been very jealous for the Lord, the God of hosts. For the people of Israel have forsaken your covenant, thrown down your altars, and killed your prophets with the sword, and I, even I only, am left, and they seek my life, to take it away.” 11 And he said, “Go out and stand on the mount before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 12 And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper.[a] 13 And when Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. And behold, there came a voice to him and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” 14 He said, “I have been very jealous for the Lord, the God of hosts. For the people of Israel have forsaken your covenant, thrown down your altars, and killed your prophets with the sword, and I, even I only, am left, and they seek my life, to take it away.” 15 And the Lord said to him, “Go, return on your way to the wilderness of Damascus. And when you arrive, you shall anoint Hazael to be king over Syria. 16 And Jehu the son of Nimshi you shall anoint to be king over Israel, and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abel-meholah you shall anoint to be prophet in your place. 17 And the one who escapes from the sword of Hazael shall Jehu put to death, and the one who escapes from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha put to death. 18 Yet I will leave seven thousand in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him.”    (1 Kings 19:1-18)

Communion
For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26 ESV)

Blessing
May the Lord bless us and keep us; 
May he make His face shine upon us, and be gracious to us, 
May he lift up His countenance upon us and give us peace. 
(Numbers 6:24-26 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment